The Nordic Capital Market Forum (NCMF) and The OTC Space held a joint seminar.
- What are the benefits and impacts of cross-margining on your OTC and ETD portfolios? What are the economic arguments for doing so, and what is required in order for it to happen in the back office?
- Has Collateral Management become a Front Office function? What changes have clearing and the new regulations had on the collateral management role?
- What are the main criteria when selecting a firm to provide access to clearing, given the EU mandate is creeping closer?
- How will participants in the OTC derivatives market respond to the wave of new regulations in the next coming years? How will the use of OTC products change?
- Bilateral margin rules: Explanation of the EU rules coming in December 2015 requiring firms to exchange VM and IM on their un-cleared OTC portfolio.
- What are the many ways in which a firm needs to calculate margin? Given new regulations, how many departments need access to a margin calculator and for what purposes?
- Do new regulations change the business case for outsourcing OTC operations? What are the benefits and risks?
For information on The OTC Space, please visit www.theotcspace.com.