During this half-day workshop we will have an in-depth interactive discussion on getting ready for the Initial Margin rules. Our panel of experts will address the current and evolving industry challenges, lessons learnt and opportunities to kick-start and accelerate your Uncleared Margin Rules (UMR) project. This event will bring together practitioners in the Nordic region involved in the implementation of UMR with international industry practitioners and thought leaders for an afternoon of presentations and panel discussions about industry trends, ongoing innovations and the ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Please note as this is an interactive workshop, participants need to be actively involved in UMR implementation within their organisations. We also have to limit the number of attendees from each institution to a maximum of two.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Rasmus Peter Larsen, Head of Corporate & Institutions Legal, Danske Bank
- Mark Dennis Borella, Project Manager, Danske Bank
- Jonathan Martin, Founder and Director, DRS
- Michael Beaton, Founder and Director, DRS
- Chetan Joshi, Founding Partner, Margin Reform
|12.30||OPENING REMARKS AND INTRODUCTION OF WORKSHOP FACILITATORS|
|12.50||SETTING THE SCENE – THE CURRENT REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT, KEY DRIVERS, IMPACT AND FUTURE STATE FOR UNCLEARED MARGIN RULES|
|13.10||CURRENT STATUS – WHAT IS THE SITUATION IN THE INDUSTRY AND LATEST RESPONSES|
|14.30||COMPLIANCE – THE KEY STEPS IN KICK-STARTING/ENHANCING YOUR UNCLEARED MARGIN RULES PROJECT FOCUSING ON:|
– Self-disclosure, threshold management, including strategies and opportunities for remaining excluded from the requirements
– Documentation, including a run-through
focusing on main points for negotiation
– Custody, IT, operations
– Optimisation and IM model challenges
|15.30||HOW TO ACCELERATE – RUN THROUGH OF THE COLLABORATIVE ECOSYSTEM TO SIMPLIFY THE TRANSITION TO REGULATORY COMPLIANCE|
|16.00||Q&A AND CLOSING REMARKS|
– What is the panel’s view on key next steps in getting ready for UMR go-lives?
– Are there any emerging collateral, utilities or alliances that we should be aware of?
|Tea and coffee will be served during the course of the afternoon|